I once was grounded from my phone and computer for two months.
During this time, I was forced to do other things instead of using my phone and
computer for hours. I began doing my homework in advance, studying, cleaning my
room, and working out more. I eventually realized that these habits I had
formed were unnecessary and that they also made me waste a lot of time. I
learned to live without them.
I enjoyed the feeling of not worrying about tests and
homework because I was prepared. I hadn't realized before that I used my phone
and computer so much and how big of a distraction they were to me. I did not
even watch television for this month because I was so focused on working. Being
without a phone and computer helped me work harder, stay focused, realize how
much I used my electronics in general, and how much I do not need these items.
I did not need to check my phone every minute and I did not need to mindlessly
watch YouTube for no reason. I also did not miss any plans because I saw my
friends every day at school and we made plans there.
Breaking the phone and computer habit was a great
accomplishment at the time and It helped me realize many things. Since then I have
used my phone a lot more and have mindlessly had YouTube playing in the
background. Writing about this makes me want to attempt a much simpler and more
focused life again, however I probably won’t.
No comments:
Post a Comment